Renfrewshire Council

Changing schools

You can ask for your child to go to a school other than your local school. This is called a placing request.

You can download an application and information pack from the Related Documents section.

The placing request application form should be printed out, signed by hand and returned to:

Renfrewshire Council
Children's Services
Renfrewshire House
Cotton Street

The way we deal with placing requests is governed by legislation. If you make a placing request and are not satisfied that your request was dealt with fairly, you can make an appeal. Information about making an appeal is in the Related Documents section.

You can also read more about placing requests which have been granted in recent academic years.