Renfrewshire Council

In a van, pickup or car with trailer, you can visit Linwood HWRC only and you must apply for a HWRC Permit in advance before you visit or you will be not be able to access the centre.

How to apply for a HWRC Permit

Household Waste Recycling Centres

Our Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC) are open, with some restrictions and additional health and safety measures in place.

All our recycling centres are open seven days per week.

They are open from 8am to 6pm - with the exception of Paisley which opens from 8.30am to 6pm to allow service vehicles to leave safely.

They are closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

You must bring proof of residency in Renfrewshire e.g. Council Tax bill or driving licence to all sites or you will not be permitted to enter.

  • Erskine - Barrhill Road, Erskine. PA8 6BU
  • Johnstone - Miller Street, Johnstone, PA5 8HP
  • Linwood - Middleton Road, Linwood, PA3 3DP
  • Paisley - Underwood Road, Paisley, PA3 1TL
  • Renfrew - Haining Road, Renfrew, PA4 0AJ 

At this time, only cars are allowed into our recycling sites - except at our Linwood site where larger vehicles are allowed.
Find out more - Vans, pickups and trailers

Larger vehicles must apply for a permit in advance or you will be not be able to enter. Larger vehicles are required to show photographic identification and proof of residency in Renfrewshire with their permit. Visit Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) Permit for info on how to apply online.

Enforcement activity will take place at each site, including automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) and Enforcement Officers, to ensure commercial waste is not illegally disposed of.


Please continue to follow physical distancing and the health and safety measures in place at all times.

If you have Coronavirus symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has, please do not visit our recycling centres. You should immediately self-isolate in line with the national guidance.

Changes to current arrangements

We will update this webpage with changes so check back here and follow us on social media for changes to existing arrangements.