Renfrewshire Council

*** This service is affected by the Coronavirus outbreak. Check our COVID-19 pages for the latest information ***


This pilot has not yet started due to the Coronavirus pandemic and will be reviewed in due course.

Safer Schools - permits

Safer Schools is a six-month trial to promote sustainable travel and reduce the impact of paring in and around schools.

The scheme will cover roads immediately outside St. Catherine's, St Charles, Barsail and Lochfield Primary Schools, coloured red in the plans which you can see attached to this page.

The project will begin after the Spring Break in April 2020 and will operate Monday to Friday during school term time only.

Who needs a permit?

To qualify for a permit you must live on the part of the road shaded red on the plans.

Your car must be registered in the name and address shown on your application form.

If you have a company or leased car, you must prove the vehicle is used only by you, send a letter from your company confirming this with your application.

How to apply

You can apply for an Access Permit using the form attached to this page. 

You should return the form along with a copy of your V5 Registration Document and Proof of Residency to the address below.