Renfrewshire Council

Road and street lighting

The council is responsible for maintaining and repairing all road and street lighting within Renfrewshire except for trunk roads and motorways.

To report road defects such as potholes or faulty street lights, use our online fault reporting form. 

Give details of the location of the fault, and in the case of street lights, the road name and the reference number on the side of the lighting column.

This form can also be used to report other related faults, including:

  • bus shelter / bus stop faults
  • road signs and street name plate faults
  • flooding, and
  • illuminated bollard faults.

You can also call our Customer Contact Centre on 0300 300 0300 to report a fault.

TranServ are responsible for trunk roads and motorways in the Renfrewshire area. 

These are the M8, the M898, the A898, (Erskine Bridge), the A737 and the A8 from M8 junction 31 West Ferry to the Inverclyde boundary.