Renfrewshire Council

Last reviewed: 17.45 Thursday 24 September

Births, marriages and deaths

Please check below for details of how registration of births, marriages and deaths is changing in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak.

On this page:


Registering a birth

We can now register all births.

Please visit Register a birth for more information.

Registering a still-birth

For current advice on registering a still-birth and organisations who can support you at this time please visit Death and bereavement support.


We understand that this is a very distressing and difficult time for bereaved families and our sincere condolences go our to you for your loss.

Attendance at funerals is currently limited to a maximum of 20 people.

From Monday 14 September, receptions and wakes are permitted in regulated settings, for example hospitality venues, with a limit of 20 people, following social gathering rules.

For advice on registering a death or still-birth, and for sources of support if you have lost a loved one, please visit Death and bereavement support.

Marriages and Civil Partnerships

Unfortunately, we are unable to hold any ceremonies just now. If you have had to rearrange your ceremony at short notice, we apologise and understand how disappointing this must be but thank you for your understanding.

Rearranging your ceremony

If you have to postpone your ceremony and would like re-arrange for later this year, you don't need to fill out a new notice form or pay additional notice fees.

If you would like to move to a date in 2021, you do need to fill out a fresh notice form but you won't have to pay additional notice fees.

Arranging a marriage or civil partnership

If you would like to arrange a new marriage or civil partnership ceremony, please take into account that we cannot hold any ceremonies during the current restrictions.

We aren't able to accept completed notice forms for now.

Marriage Schedules

A marriage schedule is a form you sign during your wedding ceremony. We aren't be able to issue these for forthcoming ceremonies just now.

If your marriage has already taken place, please return your marriage schedule by post to:

Registration Service
Renfrewshire House
Cotton Street
PA1 1TR.

Replacement Certificates

Unfortunately, this service is suspended until further notice.

EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) services

We cannot assist with this service just now, but you can apply for settled status online through the website.


Scotland's People Family History is suspended until further notice.

Citizenship ceremonies

Unfortunately, all ceremonies are suspended until further notice.