Renfrewshire Council

How we recover rent arrears

Neighbourhood Services in Paisley, Johnstone and Renfrew manage rent accounts and the recovery of rent arrears. The services as well as support we provide, are noted below.

  • The Owing Rent page explains how we can help you reduce your debt.
  • Court summons and court orders - If a Notice of Proceedings for Recovery of Possession (NPRP) has been served on you for non-payment of rent arrears and you don't make arrangements to pay off the debt, you will receive a Court summons. We will give you advice on how you can stop a recovery action and keep your home.
  • The Former Tenant Accounts page gives details on how we can support you to reduce your rent arrears and maximise your Housing Benefit over the stressful period of moving home.

To make an online rent payment, visit our online payments service, or phone 0300 300 0222 (selecting option 1) or 0300 300 0300 (selecting the option for payments, this service is available 24 hours a day) to pay by debit or credit card.

If you would like advice or support in relation to paying your rent, please contact us at one of the Neighbourhood Services noted below where staff will be happy to help you.