Renfrewshire Council

Owners and Private Tenants aged 60+

Care and Repair Renfrewshire is an independent organisation funded by Renfrewshire Council. 

It provides free, confidential advice and assistance to older and disabled home owners and private tenants about home repairs, adaptations and funding work to your home.

Home repairs

Help is available for major repairs, such as:

  • roof, roughcast and structural repairs, and
  • removing dampness problems

Care and Repair also employ qualified tradesmen who carry out small repairs including:

  • minor joinery repairs
  • small plumbing repairs
  • small electrical repairs

Labour for small repairs such as these will be paid for by Care and Repair, meaning that you will only need to pay for the cost of materials used. 

For more information, visit the Care and Repair Renfrewshire website.


If you or someone you live with has difficulty getting around your home, Care and Repair can help you carry out adaptations to your home to make it more suitable and you may qualify for financial support .

To find out more, please download our 'Help with adaptations' booklet.

Funding work to your home

Regrettably, grants are no longer generally available for home improvements and repairs, except for most home adaptations for people with disabilities.

However, Care and Repair can provide you with information and advice if you are planning to carry out improvements or repairs to your home.

You may also find it useful to read our new scheme of assistance, which explains the range of information, help and advice available to private homeowners: 

Find out more

Contact Care and Repair on 0141 812 4111.

Share this page: