Renfrewshire Council

Castlehead Conservation Area

Castlehead is a Victorian suburb of large detached villas set in well wooded grounds on a low hill south west of Paisley town centre.

Laid out in 1861, most of the houses had been built by the 1890s in blonde sandstone with slated roofs. The area was designated as a Conservation Area in 1975.

The following properties lie within the Conservation Area boundary:

  • High Calside (nos 1-25 only)
  • High Road (all properties)
  • Low Road (all properties)
  • Main Road (all properties)
  • Craw Road (14-16 and 72 only)

The boundary of the Castlehead Conservation Area can be viewed on the interactive map under the related links sections on this page. 

Share this page: